Thursday, September 19, 2013

NFL Picks Week 3 Review

Kansas City @ Philadelphia - Philadelphia rises up and sends the Chiefs back to reality. There's no way the Chiefs win more games in a row (3) than they did all of last season (2).

Green Bay @ Cincinnati - Green Bay ran over Washington last week, and they'll keep the momentum going against the Bengals, who practically had a bye week (playing the anemic Steelers Offense).

St. Louis @ Dallas - Dallas is going to be that team that always does the opposite of what I pick. They SHOULD have what it takes to take out St. Louis, so that probably means they'll get blown out LOL. But if I predict that, they'll win. So take Dallas, and I'll swear I said St. Louis.

San Diego @ Tennessee - † San Diego was my upset of the week last week, and while everybody on the broadcast was saying "who could have seen this?" I was nodding quietly with a big smile. This will be another tough contest, as Tennessee took Houston to overtime and dominated the Steelers, but I think Rivers gets it done again.

Cleveland @ Minnesota - Minnesota has had some tough contests with nothing to show for it, and they deserve a break. They'll get one, and if they put up half the effort they did against Chicago and Detroit, it will be a blow-out.

Tampa Bay @ New England - New England has to be the weakest 2-0 team I have ever seen. It'll be even funnier when they're the weakest 3-0 team of all time.

Arizona @ New Orleans - New Orleans' Drew Brees will own the consecutive games with a touchdown record (55) all on his own (56) after they paste one on the Cardinals.

Detroit @ Washington - This one is a tough one, but I have to pick someone. My heart says Detroit, but I'll have to go with my head. RGIII puts the 'Skins in the win column.

New York Giants @ Carolina - The Giants' Eli Manning looked decent against the Broncos in Manning Bowl III, and Carolina doesn't have the defense that Denver does.

Houston @ Baltimore - Houston has been in a few tight spots this season, but Baltimore looked suspect against the weak Cleveland squad. Houston will pull this one off.

Atlanta @ Miami - How is Miami favored in this one? I'd make this my upset pick of the week, except I'm pretty sure those odds are a typo.

Buffalo @ New York Jets - Buffalo games always come down to a point or two. They'll win this one by a bigger margin.

Indianapolis @ San Francisco - San Francisco doesn't have Andrew Luck, but they don't need luck to take out the Colts.

Jacksonville @ Seattle - § Seattle. Do you really need to ask? LOL

Chicago @ Pittsburgh - Chicago. I can't really bear to say more about it. :(

Oakland @ Denver - # Denver gets high in the mountain air, rising to 3-0 while the Raiders fall back to Earth.

# - Smart Centipede's Iron Lock Pick of the Week!
§ - Smart Centipede's Survival Pick of the Week!
† - Smart Centipede's Upset of the Week!

No comments: