Friday, November 01, 2013

NFL Picks Week 9 Review

Cincinnati @ Miami - (I once again missed making a pick on this game. I would have picked this one incorrectly, however, and gone with Cincinnati. Between this and Denver's win over Baltimore in Week 1, I have now missed making picks in two games this season. My record, had I made the picks on time, would be 1-1 in these games.)

Kansaca City @ Buffalo - Kansas City (CORRECT)
Minnesota @ Dallas - § Dallas (CORRECT)
Tennessee @ St. Louis - Tennessee (CORRECT)
New Orleans @ New York Jets - New Orleans (INCORRECT)
San Diego @ Washington - † Washington (CORRECT)
Atlanta @ Carolina - Carolina (CORRECT)
Philadelphia @ Oakland - Philadelphia (CORRECT)
Tampa Bay @ Seattle - # Seattle (CORRECT)
Baltimore @ Cleveland - Baltimore (INCORRECT)
Pittsburgh @ New England - New England (CORRECT)
Indianapolis @ Houston - Indianapolis (CORRECT)
Chicago @ Green Bay - Green Bay (INCORRECT)

# Smart Centipede's Iron Lock of the Week! (Locked Up!)
† Smart Centipede's Upset Pick of the Week! (Nailed!)
§ Smart Centipede's Survival Pick of the Week! (Survived! WOW!)

Notes: I am now 1-1 in games that I missed picking on, having failed to promptly register my incorrect pick of Cincinnati over Miami.

Now that we're at the halfway point, let's take a look at my records, both overall, and specifically (UPDATED):

I am currently 80-52, with two no picks (in which I was 1-1, so let's call it 81-53). That puts me in the 68th percentile, or the top 32% of all Yahoo users. Not good enough! We will triumph in the second half!

In my Iron Locks of the Week, I am 8-1, with Sand Diego's Week 5 loss being my only incorrect pick.
In my Upset Picks of the Week, I am a lousy 3-6. Looks like picking upsets is not my strong suit. I'll strive to be more selective.
In my Survival Picks of the Week, I am now 9-0, and still alive! It becomes difficult as the season goes on, because you aren't allowed to pick the same team twice. Surprisingly, of my 9 picks, only three of them were picking teams that were playing Jacksonville, and none of them were Tampa Bay opponents, so I still have a few near guarantees in my pocket. This week is the first time I am a little nervous, because even though Minnesota is 1-6 with their one win coming against my poor Steelers when they couldn't do anything right, Dallas loves to disappoint in games they should win with their eyes closed. But I'll have faith and stick by my pick. (AND I WAS RIGHT!)

No comments: